VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I wish I wasn't on here to say this but unfortunately I am. I've been very lucky recently as I've been travelling through Europe in my nice ex AA t4. When I bought it, it had one main issue, a grinding RH outer CV joint. It wasn't too bad so I decided to get it fixed when it got worse, which it did in Italy. It was fixed quickly and cheaply by an independant garage.
When I started to drive over another mountain pass a horrid clicking started from the other wheel. Very different, much like a loud metallic clicking. The problem was it would always be at night and when we awoke at a garage it had always gone.
In Austria, driving through a very steep tunnel (Ginzling tunnel), the nosie started and TomTom had in a local VW garage so I headed straight there with the noise still audible from the left wheel. The garage looked at it and told me it was the RHS inner joint and the link. I agreed for them to fix it and paid 747 Euro for the pleasure. A few days later I drove on to Munich where at the first hill the noise re-occurred. I called the garage in Austria and they told me it was a new problem and nothing to do with them. The noise was exactly the same. One hour later it had gone away and we carried on. A day or so later and another hill and this time it was back to stay, very loud and identical to the noise coming from the LHS of the vehicle at the VW garage in Austria. Again I called them and they wouldn't listen. I needed towing and had to be towed to a local garage who have fixed the problem. The LHS outer CV joint and link. I've since called the garage in question and they won't even begin to entertain that they didn't fix what I asked. What course of action can I take to rectify this? I'm sure they didn't rip out a perfect part but there are lots of things that 'could' be fixed on this van, the problem is money isn't flowing during this trip and I can't really afford to fix problems that aren't immdediate.
Thanks for reading this. Apart from a few hiccups, the trip is going really well.... ohh and I'd suggest nobody ever uses bostick spray mount. Its rubbish. Wickes carpet adhesive has held in the heat so far.
Thanks for any help, I'll be back soon to check out what people suggest.
Paul

·
Registered
515 Posts
The best thing you can do mate is enjoy your trip with what money you've got and resolve to face it when you get back. Maybe you should take any documentary evidence you can to show what the real problem was, maybe keep the old part(s) if you still have them, or just a report from the garage that fixed it and try to negotiate a refund back to cost price from the first garage, if you don't succeed at first maybe then find an Austrian native that can help you prepare a letter indicating an intention to proceed via the courts - not that you necessarily will.
But don't let it spoil your trip, at least it's work you've had done now. B

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Just enjoy your holiday, whats done is done. If it where in this country would be easier to deal with, but once you get back home will be hard to sort it out. T:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
lin with VW customers service/managing director Germany in writing backed up by e-mail explaining the situation, they could resolve or link you with a UK dealer to resolve? worth a punt:ILU:

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Customer Service
Volkswagen UK
Yeomans Drive
Blakelands
Milton Keynes
MK14 5AN

Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Martin Winterkorn Chairman of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG
Dr. Ulrich Hackenberg, Dr. rer. pol. h. c. Francisco Javier García Sanz, Prof. Dr. Jochem Heizmann, Christian Klingler, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Werner Neubauer, Dr. Horst Neumann,
Members of the Board of Management Volkswagen
Dr. Bernd Pichetsrieder
Volkswagen AG
Berliner 2
38440 Wolfsburg, Germany

Contact Details Investor RelationsWolfsburg Office
Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft
VHH 11. floor
P.O. Box 1849
D-38436 Wolfsburg
Germany
Phone: +49 5361 9-86622 IR Hotline
Fax: +49 5361 9-30411

London Office
Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft
17C Curzon Street
London W1J 5HU
United Kingdom
Phone: +44 20 7290 7820
Fax: +44 20 7629 2405

Christine Ritz
Group Head of Investor Relations
E-Mail: [email protected]
Telephone: +49 5361 9-49840

Oliver Larkin (London office)
Senior Investor Relations Manager
Telephone: +44 20 7290 7821

Alexander Hunger (Wolfsburg office)
Senior Investor Relations Officer
Telephone: +49 5361 9-47420

Andreas Buchta (Wolfsburg office)
Investor Relations Officer
Telephone: +49 5361 9-47419

Try sending a letter to each of these people explaining your situation, see where it takes you?T: good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts