VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Looking to become a proud T4 owner, but still at the pre-purchase stage.
I was wondering if any of you could offer pricing advice on this T4 that I found locally.
If you're not inclined to follow the link, it's a 99 Multivan 2.5 TDI, long nose, 7 seats, lowered suspension (not too bothered about that!) and air con.
Just had new cam belt and water pump, which I have read is important.

Asking price is £8995, which is more than quite a few others I've seen, but then again it does look in absolute mint condition.

Any thoughts / advice really welcome - and if you think it's overpriced, some kind of justification that I could take to the dealer would be helpful!

Thanks!

Al

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
not disputing that it is a nice looking velle but still over priced by at least 2k in my book...
as someone will no doubt say its worth what you are willing to pay for it, its such a subjective thing so if that money is the sum you want to pay for a 13 year old van then go for it and have no regrets. if you think its too much it more than likely is too much.

even you think it is worth the price (dont forget to haggle) ask yourself how easy it would be to sell it on close to that value?

you could get better for that money in my view. fools rush in and all that.

good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for so many thoughts so quickly!

General consensus then is that it's overpriced. I'm not so worried about resale, as I'm planning on keeping it until it is no more!

I may try haggling, as there's a certain appeal to buying locally rather than finding a bargain 150 miles away and having to travel without knowing there'll be a purchase at the end.

I'll keep hunting around, though. Do you have any recommendations on better places to look than the generic autotrader type sites?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts