VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies as this has probably been done to death already.......

Got my first VW, came with 16" steels which obviously were fine, but as a bloke we have to play around with these things don't we.....

Have bought a set of 18" alloys fitted with 255/55/18 General Grabber (AT's I think). Have noticed a lot more road noise, loss of performance (my T5 is a 102ps SWB) and they obviously need balancing as at 40mph they make the steering wheel wobble but this clears above and below this speed.

Have attached pic of them fitted:

Would like to ID the wheels if possible and are looking for a suitable tyre size with regard to:

1. Keeping circumference as close as possible to original
2. Maintaining comfort and not having to dodge every pothole in Kent
3. MPG (this has dropped already since fitting these!)

The main thing is that whilst the truck may look cool. the whole point of a VW is to drive like a VW; now it drives like my Defender...

Sorry again if this is covered elsewhere, have hunted high and low and cannot find a good answer; if anyone needs any plumbing and heating advice in return, I've been doing this for 19 years now!

Richard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Motorpromotor, had a look on the back and ID'd them as Vauxhall Insignia alloys. How do I decipher the rear of the alloy to get load rating? Am have the wheels checked for balance etc tomorrow and selling the tyres off

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.