VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Kombi with fixed rear side windows and wish to replace the drivers side and possibly the sliding door too.

I have the option of having the genuine VW window fitted or after market brands and wonder if anyone has any views on whether my choice will affect the value of the van and any pros or cons of the options (the VW does not seem as big as some of the 50:50 after market sliders)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
For my 5 penneth (old terms for the older person) The genuine VW ones look nicer as the slidey bit fits flush with the rest of the window when shut.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I too prefer the look of the flush genuine windows but they are a lot more expensive than after market windows. I've also heard some the genuine ones leak.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to add, I don't think genuine windows would add anymore value to the van. At the end of the day, its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
the price difference is huge . Wills windows at tidytransporters are ok and defo dont leak as i jet washed mine the other day , not a drop in the van unlike my T4 sliders i had fitted a few years back T:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts