VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Just bought my first T4 - it's a 1991 high top 4 berth California 2.5D.

The speakers are shot, and I wondered where would be best to purchase inexpensive new or 2nd hand speakers? Also - how technical do you have to be to swap them out?

Lastly - any advice for a newbie for how to charge phones / laptops when one is wild camping? We have 2 leisure batteries that power the fridge but that's it. The guy who sold me the van said the sockets only work when cabled into the mains.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
457 Posts
Phones are easy just get a cigarette socket charger, laptops would work off one of those plug into convertors from the cigarette lighter socket but would be slow i suppose.
Maplins did a power bank thing that was basically an extra battery that was man enough for laptops, pretty pricey though will dig it out if I can find it on there site.
Putting two extra speakers in mine today funny enough, will let you know, got some off a friend 2x 6x9's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey - thanks - that's helpful.

Will take a look at some speakers on ebay - just need to figure out dimensions etc. I guess the manual (though it's in German) would have specs?

cheers

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Dash speakers should be 10cm. I bought some edge speakers online for £15 and they do the job perfectly. Just have to cut the old connection off an re crimp the new terminations on. 5 minute job. T:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts