VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am after some advise regarding my T4 that i have owned for around 8 years. To try and be as brief as possible, the van broke down mid Feb with a big issue with gearbox/clutch and had to get a flat bed recovery back to my street (no driveway at my house). I basically am too skint to have any work done to it so unfortunately i think i will have to sell it as is. My question is, what are my best options in getting the best price for the van? It had an engine rebuild a couple of years back and i have done hardly any miles since. I am in St Ives, Cornwall.
Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Your best plan is to be as honest as possible. Stick it on Ebay with as many pictures as you can get away with.
The majority of people who will want your van & pay the best price will be those with knowledge of the T4 anyway.
Try and include photo evidence of the work done to your engine (receipts) . Also set a reserve or a start price you would be happy to accept. Avoid dealing directly with the trade or they will want it for nothing. You have value in it, don't give it away cheaply.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your best plan is to be as honest as possible. Stick it on Ebay with as many pictures as you can get away with.
The majority of people who will want your van & pay the best price will be those with knowledge of the T4 anyway.
Try and include photo evidence of the work done to your engine (receipts) . Also set a reserve or a start price you would be happy to accept. Avoid dealing directly with the trade or they will want it for nothing. You have value in it, don't give it away cheaply.
Yes, I think you're right. Thanks mate, gutted i have to sell it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what van & what engine?

what is the problem?

Rich.
Hi Rich, Its a T4 1.9td. It was driving fine, i pulled over to let a car past and when i went to go back into first, I heard a loudish clunk. From then on first gear turned into reverse, cant find the reverse position at all, Can just about get it into third but fear i have knackered the clutch driving in third. If i start it up now, the van lightly judders as if it is sort of half in half out of gear.

Cheers.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sounds like it could be something as simple as the nylon balls on the front of the gear linkage. If it is they set costs a few quid & it's an easy (Ish) DIY job. They sit on top of the gearbox.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like it could be something as simple as the nylon balls on the front of the gear linkage. If it is they set costs a few quid & it's an easy (Ish) DIY job. They sit on top of the gearbox.
Thanks, I have been reading through some older posts in this forum and figure that its got to be worth a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts