VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Saw one of these on our last camping trip and it looked great - a sturdy sun canopy that is easy to attach and rain just runs off the sides. The side wall extension also looks quite good even though it is pricey!

Just wondering if anyone has used the canopy and if it works with a California rail or only the Reimo rail. Where I have seen it for sale it only mentions the Reimo rail.

Any other feedback or reviews would also be welcome. I have done a ton of research and this seems like the best sun canopy for under £100 I have come across.

https://www.thecampercoshop.com/reimo-palm-beach-2-6m-swb-sun-canopy

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Matt, never used one of these but have looked about for side protect for shorter stop overs when large awning not really worth effort. Or when your out for a day and need shelter from sun or wet stuff.
I looked at canopy with two sides for equal protection and recently found couple if alternatives. I'll figure out a link. Think they were about £160 but two sides inc. I'll come back to you
Marc

As regards fitting think they are slipped straight into reimo rail ?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply, that sun canopy actually looks quite good. My main concern would be that if there is a lot of rain it will pool in the middle, whilst the newer version would allow it to run off. Not sure how bothered I am about sides, as using a sun canopy means taking a risk of not being entirely dry if it were to rain a lot. Thinking of using it with a windbreak for a bit of extra protection.

Thanks again for both your comments!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Your welcome.
Does the reimo construction mean no pooling of water...that's interesting because even with morning dew you can get a paddle which needs getting shot of..
Good point

·
Registered
275 Posts
From my experience, any canopy with a convex top will be hell in anything greater than a slight breeze - acts like a parachute. We had something similar from Just Kampers and sent it back after one outing and replaced with the Vango sun canopy which has so far proved to be excellent in the wind and it's pretty much waterproof

1 - 7 of 7 Posts