VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well after a lot of thought and back an forth with the mrs, who completly loves our T4, erm she paid for half of itI:

ive always had fast cars and diesels, i miss power, so instead of getting a t5, ive decicded to get a 1.9 tdi put in my T4.

now who does it for you? does anyone know? any ideas on price? Its gotta be cheaper than buying a T5 ehT:

oh and can you run the tdi on cooking oil? T:

·
Premium Member
30,977 Posts
I know vw connections have a very good rep on here for tdi conversions, maybe a bit far for you though, their near Truro I:

Username's are "aggie" and "t4ste" both called Steve T:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Would love to have this done if my ABL ever failed. And would like to know how much it would cost from start to finish. I would never undertake the do it on my drive technique!!!

·
Registered
839 Posts
There was a thread on here last week about a guy from sheffield (i think) that had a tdi conversion done by the boys at vw connections. Whilst I could spend all day telling you how good they are, it only goes to show how far they come to get the work done. I would advise pm'ing the guy for his views and opinions, as i'm sure that it'll be all good T:

·
Registered
123 Posts
VW Connections are good T:
My dad was the first TDi convert to come from VW Connections and it has not missed a beat T:
Every time he drives the van it puts a smile on his face :D Well worth doing T:T:

·
Registered
123 Posts
My ABL engine died about a fortnight ago. The usual bottom pulley problem !! Contemplated having a TDi fitted ( I also haven't got the oppurtunity outside my house ) and with the costs involved , buying a donar car , transporting it to cornwall etc. I couldn't justify it.

After having a recon crank supplied by AW Engineering Darwen , fantastic service, and then fitted by my mechanic , I picked it up tonight. What a differance !! It is now a brilliant engine, smooth, quiet and responsive. Only time will tell if I have made the right decision. But if the cost is anything to go by, I think I have !!

A big thankyou to all concerned A: T:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
vw connections sounds like a cracking idea, hmm next spring then, i know its a way down but the distance doesnt bother me to be honest, i used to do classic car rallies and shows all over the country, b+bs or sleeping in the carI: but not now weve got the van A: i'll give them a pm and poss pop down after crimbo for a spin to see them A:A:

im all excited now, a faster T4, better then buying a T5 for me, and cheaper,,, no disrepects to T5s though, used to drive one in work, jsut cant afford to get one......:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts