VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm about to fit my Electric windows on Friday and I'm after soom advice on the switches, as I've got to cut out my door cards and as there isn't any templates to show where they go, I was wondering if any 1 could post up some pics with measurements as to where they put there switches

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Have you got the electric life kit? Sure my templates are still in the box in the garage. Would me scanning them in and sending you the file work?

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Why not get the misses to get you some genuine switches?T:
Have you got Electric mirrors, as i have a pair of doorcards if you need them?

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Genuine switches are different, there isn't enought terminals to make the kit work. I do have the whole gen switche set and going to try get the aftermarket switches fit into the surround and also wire the door locking kit up when I get round to it

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Shame, you could have had my old doorcard.
Stick E/M on as well.I:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have just fitted after market electric windows with no template, I blaged it and got away with it, my best advice is that you watch you don't cut them to close to the window, this is due to the door under the door card. If the buttons are too close they won't sit flush. There is some very good information and pictures in the electric forum, this is were I got a ruff idea of the button location.
I hope this may help you buddie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts