VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought id share with you the progress of my T5 so far.:)

I got the van from Southern Ireland in August, with just 23,000 kms on her. Was a stock standard van. But it did have the Caravelle bumpers, and colour coding on them from new, and front fogs also. It was originally a dealer demo van.

1st job was to remove the dash binnacle and fit a 'Mph' speedo dial in place of the kms, so i could then take it for Mot/Sva testing to get thru the importing process.

Then i removed the factory steel bulkhead.

Fitted rear roof spoiler, clear side repeaters, wind deflectors on front doors, chrome window trim on front doors

Then fitted some rear corner chrome bars.

Removed the steel wheels, and got some Range Rover 18" alloys, and 4 Continental Winter Tyres

Full service at VW Canterbury commercial service.

Fitted rear Kombi 2+1 seats/rear seat belts(ive only got the double seat at the moment, need to get the +1 still.)

Sliding side windows fitted both sides.

Some minor bodywork sorted that needed doing, and colour coded wing mirrors/door handles

Anyway here's before any work started:

18" Range Rover alloy wheels (went for some red centre caps as ill be painting the calipers red eventually)

Kombi seats Fitted;

Roof spoiler and corner bars on show;

Side windows and bodywork just done;

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks NeilT:
No, i wasnt brave enough to go doing that im afraid.
I took it upto to Tidy Transporters near Leicester, who done me a good deal on thr windows, and fitted them for a price that wouldnt have made sense for me to attempt myself anyway!....think theyve transformed the look of the van anyway:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi, and thanks!
Fitted the seats myself.
Have upgraded to leather rear seats since then tho, looks even better!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts