VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading a load of threads on here it was advised to get a proper diesel rpm/ tacho/ rev counter for my 2.4D AAB 95/96
Most aftermarket gauges have a pot on the back so you can adjust it if the readings are off.

My gauge has 9 settings as well as a small pot where you can fine adjust.

Problem is on setting zero it reads 1600 revs.
Setting 1 & 2 sends it to 8000!
Setting 9 brings it down to around 2200. (all the other settings raises the rpm needle)

I've looked at all the wiring diagrams and have taken the feed from behind the fuse box which is the alternators 'W' wire.
I've tried taking the feed off the connector block U2/12 and had no needle movement.
Connector block U1/6 gives me the results above.

I also read you can take a feed off the instrument cluster which is a 28 pin block using pin 10. This give the same results as U1/6

Has anyone else had this issue? If so how did you get it to read correctly?
Is it possible to fit a small potentiometer or the like to reduce the input?

The gauge is made by Racetech and appears to be the same factory as Autogauges which seems a popular choice.

Any help appreciated

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah searched all day yesterday and came to the same conclusion.

There was one forum suggesting changing the resister inside to a different value. As i understand it the resister already fitted is variable 0-9, all i have to do is find it's value and hopefully change it.

I have another 2 gauges by the same people, Boost & EGT. Let's hope they read right :*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts