VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone fitted aftermarket fuel and temperature gauges to a T4, more specifically the 2.4d.

I had the usual problems which as some people know resulted it overheating and a full engine rebuild.

I've since tried repairing the joints and also replaced the sensors. No joy
So I replaced the clocks and they seemed to work until recently when they've started showing nothing every now and again.
Also, I've read that up hills, the 2.4 does get hot but I just don't trust the guage.

So I'm thinking of getting the little round gauges. temp, oil pressure and fuel. Will I be able to take a feed from the existing wiring?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the sort of thing ive been looking at.
From what i can gather, you cant use the original sensor. you need to cut a hose to fit one of the adaptors in your first link. Then the sensor that comes with the gauge screws into that. I suppose you would then need to know the running temperature of the T4 so you know where the needle should sit.
Ive got to say though i am fancying the nice green LED ones.
As for fuel gauge, i havent seen one yet....

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thats the sort of thing ive been looking at.
From what i can gather, you cant use the original sensor. you need to cut a hose to fit one of the adaptors in your first link. Then the sensor that comes with the gauge screws into that. I suppose you would then need to know the running temperature of the T4 so you know where the needle should sit.
Ive got to say though i am fancying the nice green LED ones.
As for fuel gauge, i havent seen one yet....
Yes thats how I figured it would work too, my fuel guage is a bit up and down as well

I think I saw something from kit car suppliers but I think you need the sender to match and it starts getting a bit expensive then you need to fit the

sender into the tank so I sort of gave up on that idea:*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts