VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Please could some one help...I've fitted an aftermarket headuit and bought a loom with boosted arieal but the reception is dire, have tried most of the suggestions on the other posts but no better??:*

I only changed the stereo because I fitted a rear camera for parking (only had the van about two weeks, my first camper A: van) sometimes it works and other times it's just constant static, any help would be really appreciated thanks T:

Camper noob.:confused:

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,169 Posts
Have you checked there is power going to the lead on the aerial adapter? could be worth connecting it to the line used for ignition into the radio (so a definate 12v otherwise the radio won't go on) and see it that makes a difference?

I used to get poor reception and it was a combination of poor aerial and poor reception area. Ended up fitting a roof aerial and whole new ball game now T:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both for the replies, I've tried all that Hoovie but no joy, I was thinking of getting an unboosted connector as the reception was awesome on the last stereo and that had no booster?:confused:

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
These adapters are not boosters, the amp is already in the door (t5.1) or above the headline in a T5.. These adapter allow the switch feed to flow up through the coax... 2 things you can try

Check the very fine pin in the green Fakra connector hasn't been pushed to one side, very easy done, just use a small pin etc to centralise it

Try connecting the blue wire to the red ignition feed, as this has a much higher current than the blue wire

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply Absolut5, I seem to have found the problem :D I noticed that when I was holding the unit and trying different things it was working fine but when I went to put it back it was starting agian so I assumed it was a grounding issue A: I have since attached the ground wire to the stereo body and the problem has stopped T: :0)

Thanks all for taking the time to reply :0) I can now get away for the weekend and have some entertainment :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts