VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all. Quick one, does anybody have any idea of any firm that might be keen to construct and sell aftermarket mild/stainless steel exhaust manifolds? For those of us with the AXE and AXD engine codes who can look forward to (or already have) warping issues and hence are gradually gassing ourselves...HELP. I'm loathed to replace it with a vw replacement that seems not fit for purpose. :eek:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
We are just putting first batch together in new year, doing a batch of ten and 6 already sold.
They don't have the erg part either so no messing there.T:

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
We are just putting first batch together in new year, doing a batch of ten and 6 already sold.
how much to have a 2.4d aab manifold and downpipe in stainless

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
It would have to be a one off for the 2.4 so I would need a manifold to copy, manifold will need to be mild steel also and we could do front pipe in stainless.
Have you got a spare manifold? T:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please Please Please can you put me down for No. 7 on your list!? When do you think they will be available? January? Apologies for the slight hint of desperation but I've been keen for one for what seems a long time now! Plus bored of gassing myself these days when the fan is on....*<:)>

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
It would have to be a one off for the 2.4 so I would need a manifold to copy, manifold will need to be mild steel also and we could do front pipe in stainless.
Have you got a spare manifold? T:
yes i do how much roughly

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well positive sounding news from PPT T:, however, I can't help but be sceptical I: Fingers crossed, I hope they choose to deliver the goods in the near future. Again, PPT do you have any confirmation regarding dates? I'm sure lot's of people will be interested. :ILU:

In the meantime, as a potential (unwanted) backup plan, JP exhausts seem to know their stuff (good recommendation cheers) and therefore I'll be giving them a bell ASAP to get their thoughts on whether they could develop a manifold also (without EGR gubbins). I'll keep all posted on my findings.

One final thought for the day, I wonder if anyone knows of any German/Polish etc. performance tuning fabricators who may have done this already and have a product ready to sell?

Cheers to all.

·
Super Moderator
5,187 Posts
I got a decat exhaust from PPT and they come recommended mate.
Excellent quality and fit really wellT:
3 of us in total joined forces and bought together and no complaints.

Just edited this post as it originally sounded like I got 3 manifolds from them but alas was only decat exhausts.

I will now write out 100 times, " I must learn to read posts properly and I am stuupid!"

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers for editing previous post. So we are yet to hear from one of the lucky 6 Rasp: Come on PPT let me know if I'm luck number 7 *<:)> *<:)>

p.s. As they should be, PPT are probably enjoying their Christmas/New Years break far away from all late night exhaust manifold chat....as I should be LOL:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts