VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello people, now that my wife has backed into someone for the second time in 2 years I have now decided to buy some reversing sensors for our T5. Can anyone recommend where I can get a reliable set from that won't break the bank? Also are they easy to fit? .....I have a small boat that I tow occasionally so have a tow bar and was also wondering if it would interfere with the sensors at all?

Any help much appreciated as always.....T:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought a set of ebay for £20, came with a hole saw for fitting sensors in bumper.
It took me around 2.5 hours to fit.
They have been reliable for the last 14 months they have been fitted.
As for reversing when towing, they will beep, unless you by the more expensive ones that are programable.
Scott

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Hello people, now that my wife has backed into someone for the second time in 2 years I have now decided to buy some reversing sensors for our T5. Can anyone recommend where I can get a reliable set from that won't break the bank? Also are they easy to fit? .....I have a small boat that I tow occasionally so have a tow bar and was also wondering if it would interfere with the sensors at all?

Any help much appreciated as always.....T:
Make sure they have angle adapters with them as the rear bump is low and will cause false alarms when reversing as it will pick the road up, what colour is your T5 as I have some god quality ones already painted in t5 silver..

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I bought a set of ebay for £20, came with a hole saw for fitting sensors in bumper.
As for reversing when towing, they will beep, unless you by the more expensive ones that are programable.
Scott
Just wire in a switch to turn them off when towing.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make sure they have angle adapters with them as the rear bump is low and will cause false alarms when reversing as it will pick the road up, what colour is your T5 as I have some god quality ones already painted in t5 silver..
I have a blue one unfortunately but I could spray them? How much are you asking bud? T:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scott
Have you got a link mate? T:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I bought a set of colour coded wireless ones on ebay about 18 months ago. I have a towbar and they work fine. I don't have a link but I am sure you will find them if you search. I do remember that they were twenty something pounds.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.....very helpful as always. After a flick throughout eBay I've also seen a reversing camera and screen kit...what is the general feeling about these? They don't seem too bad a price but does the quality reflect that? T:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts