VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im researching for information about fitting intercooler from AHY, AXG (Front mount ic) to ACV (top mouted)
I was going to fit some stuff from ebay... but not much room in there.

So Ive started collecting info about parts I need:
The intake and manifold would be good, which ive sourced,

now, genuine hoses is a mission, found some photos, and aparently it aint all,
Does anyone know what else would I need? Apart from IC ;d

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You need a long nose front and the complete radiator pack from an AXG/AHY. They are completely different!
Much easier to go to the scrappy with a tape measure, and far far cheaper.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry it is long nose

Yep, but what that pack contains? I got most of the hoses on the photos, but apparently its not all

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yep, but what that pack contains? I got most of the hoses on the photos, but apparently its not all
The radiator pack contains the RADIATOR, the radiator fans usually the AC condensor and the intercooler. They are all different shapes on vans with the big front mounted IC.
Very rare, very pricey. Easier and cheaper to fit an aftermarket kit.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
http://translate.google.co.uk/trans.../index.php?title=111er_LLK_im_ACV&redirect=no

Start by reading that.....it tells you everything you need if you are keeping your standard ACV intake. Including a double of 1 pipe and a length of steel tubing.....

I've just managed (after months) to get everything. I've got all the hoses in your pic, inlet mani off a AXG full rad pack, so fans, rad, ic and AC condensor. I think the condenser is interchangeable, and the rad and ic will fit on different fan housings (I have a few different ones here which I have tried) but the rad HAS to be from an AXG/AHY.

As has been pointed out previously this isn't the cheap option you are undertaking! For me even more expensive as my van was short nose.....hello long nose conversion!

But if you want any info n parts or anything let me know, I've got it all downstairs!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far, I have to asses, in what state is the radiator that ive got now,

If its coroded, ill got for front mounted OEM IC, if its fairly new ill think about different option.

I do really want to fit engine cover from axg (I got one already) to make engine bay look smarter, plus a little bit more performance as well

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats what i want to fit to make it look better, but until top mount ic is there, its going to affect the performance

I've got the AXG intake manifold already
It costed me 25 quid posted ;d

It is much easier to remove the EGR on this one, and is bolt on

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I've got the same manifold, do you have the egr part as well? Ahhhhhh, so at the minute you are in the hunting out and buying stages? Really, the easiest way to fit the engine cover and get modest power gains is to fit the generic ic in front of your existing rad pack. But if you are horribly OCD like myself then OEM is the way! Feel free to ask stuff, I can get you pretty much any pics or stuff you might need

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wouldnt fit the egr again ;d

Other than that... OEM is the way to go...
Im ocd as well.. Ive been told,that Im with it ;d

The best example was when I was converting
Original light switch to dual fog light (from mk3 golf) from green to red.. ;D

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
That's pretty OCD....but I have been hunting out a new cigarette lighter socket as mine glows green and the rest of the dash glows red/blue.....so I know exactly where you are coming from!

What are you fitting in place of the EGR on the AXG inlet then? Wouldn't It have been easier to get the AHY one if that was the end goal?

1 - 20 of 68 Posts