VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I posted Poor starting with low fuel level?? I'm new on here so please bear with me last week. I have changed my inline T-piece on my fuel filter, and have noticed lots of air bubbles running through my clear fuel line coming from the fuel filter, is this normal??? :confused:

Cheers guys, Jack

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi, got the same thing with my 2.5tdi. And trouble starting first thing. Thought about changing the fuel lines (they seem to have several joints that might be candidates for leaks) but did you say you changed yours already? Did a quick search on ebay & Eurocarparts & couldn't see the hoses.

·
Registered
49 Posts
sucking in air thru small cracks on fuel sender in tank ,i had same problem when fuel low ,changed and good as gold now

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right then, I have only changed the fuel filter and the white t-piece ontop of the filter, yeah I know what you mean it could be anywhere in the fuel line :( and have checked all the usual places and cant find any fuel pipes anywhere either!! Does yours do it whenever or just when your level is low? I have been told to only use a genuine filter as cheaper ones are prone to leaking, have you tried that yet?

However, what sounds more like my fault as mine is dependant on fuel level, is the sender unit in the tank!! Where did you get yours from? Main dealer? Did you get a complete unit (bucket and all) or just the innerds?? Sorry too bombard you with questions, you are the only person I have heard of with a problem dependant on level :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
main dealer about £65 all in. easy to fit as well. mine used to struggle to start when about 2/5 full.
but when filled up it was alright,as the fuel covered the problem

·
Registered
49 Posts
i went to main dealer (cordwallis)and they said change this and change that . but common sense told me that it was something in the tank cos of the fuel level issues . somebody elses post about a month ago confirmed it was this too.
i am 99 % sure it is a faulty fuel sender unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts