VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo T4 Addicted,
I am addicted to good air,

I am trying to find the location of where my air cabin filter is located in order to change it, I have done deep online research but the spots where they indicate on various online tutorials are not matching with my Multivan.
My VW T4 Multivan was bought in Germany, maybe that's why is so hard?

Location on the van where I didn't find filter space:
goo.gl/X3uQ00?gdriveurl

PS. I wanted to add more pictures but I get here continuously the message:
"You specified a tag that was too long. A tag can only be 25 characters"

Thanks for helping!
*<:)>

Luca

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm not sure whether yours will be the same but mine is on the right hand side of the engine bay above the battery. There is a plastic funny shaped box with some mesh on it that needs to be unclipped and the filter is underneath there. Hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure whether yours will be the same but mine is on the right hand side of the engine bay above the battery. There is a plastic funny shaped box with some mesh on it that needs to be unclipped and the filter is underneath there. Hope this helps
Thanks a lot,

- you have right-drive vehicle right? (because mine is left side drive).
- could you please post a pic? because to my van the cabin air inlet is at the opposite side of the battery

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
It's clearly different on the lhd multivan, looking at the picture.

Have you tried looking on vagcat? Does your van have climatronic?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looking on a French T4 site they say that pollen filters were only fitted as standard from 1995 so you probably don't have one to change........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ d-9, Thanks - I don't have climatronic, I am not able to understand what a vagcat is...sorry

@ Veloist, yes, I guess I don't have one , I am searching everywhere for it! but is strange, it means I breath really bad air in the car!
Maybe I can create myself a filter...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Hi,
Most cabin filters are fitted in the engine compartment and look like this http://www.banwy.co.uk/product/t4-parts/t4-pollen-filter-housing-genuine-vw-part

Some have a filter fitted internally instead of in the engine compartment, these are normally under the dash area so may be worth having a look inside for a flat filter that drops out in the passenger foot well area. but would be before the ducting reaches the ventilation blower motor.

Best of luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts