VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have a T5 2.5 AXE engine with air-con and need to replace the gates freewheel clutch, problem is the bloody bolt in the center of it...! Is it left or right handed thread..? as it is insanely tight and I don't want to do damage to bolt or thread.
Thanks to anyone that can give this info.T:

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,338 Posts
It's RH thread. That is to say you hold the centre shaft and turn the socket anti-clockwise. They don't half get tight! Make sure the spline tool is in good nick so it won't slip because you will be knackered. The only other way is to gun it off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's RH thread. That is to say you hold the centre shaft and turn the socket anti-clockwise. They don't half get tight! Make sure the spline tool is in good nick so it won't slip because you will be knackered. The only other way is to gun it off.

Thanks for the reply, Sorry but just wana confirm because I've never known something so bloody tight, So you saying hold center 10mm spline bit tool while turning 33spline tool clockwise..? If I choose to try gun, it would be on clockwise direction with 33spline tool socket..? T:

·
Registered
2004 T5 2.5 174
2,338 Posts
Exactly! I once had one on an alternator that broke off the end of the splined tool! I find it easiest to line up handles of the two tools in your palm at the right angle to crush them together. They often let go with quite a crack Good luck :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts