VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi peeps, the passat im using as a donor for my tdi swap has air con on it?? is there any way i can plumb this in to work on my t4?? that'd be awesome, a chipped, nozzled tdi, with huge intercooler, and air con :)

sweet!!

is it possible? has it been done??

i believe the passat also has cruise control, if so, is it just a case of fitting the left hand stalk and wires to my van??

·
6,678 Posts
hi peeps, the passat im using as a donor for my tdi swap has air con on it?? is there any way i can plumb this in to work on my t4?? that'd be awesome, a chipped, nozzled tdi, with huge intercooler, and air con :)

sweet!!

is it possible? has it been done??

i believe the passat also has cruise control, if so, is it just a case of fitting the left hand stalk and wires to my van??
Yep.

Mine is 165 bhp and running a Diavia air con system that was a pig to fit.

What you need to do is make sure the evaporator will fit behind the dash on the glove box side. Size matters.

TBH most OEM AC systems will be very hard to adapt as they use the inherant pipework and that might be the clincher.

Go to vagcat.com and check the passat pipework etc, then make a judged decision.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi Me and my dad retro fitted A/ C to his van most inportant thing is to get All parts and wiring (its a long list )
As we found after purchasing a so called complete kit from a well known V W braker who had no idear what thay were talking about . Meny £s later all fitted and working best mod we have done but quite involved
Garry

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool - well i'll have a look when the passat's here -

shouldnt have a problem with missing parts, as im removing it from the car, lol!

cheers for advice guys :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi
Should have said yoy will need parts from another t4 as the Passat parts will not fit but that said with enough money and skill anytiing is possable
Good luck
Garry

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I have air con to be fitted and the only thing i'm worried about is the evaporator.

I have a T4 evaporator but I dont have the air box. Will it fit into the existing airbox with a bit of modification?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi Zmok
You will need the complete heater unit as the heater matrix is bigger and the flaps /controls are different
you will also need to cut a hole in the bulkhead to fit an adaptor plate to allow the evaperator to fit
If you are in Barnstaple at any time let us know i can show you whats involved in fitting the A/C
Garry

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Rake : The heater box thingy wotsit.

Gary : It there any room for modification? I know it may be different but as long as I can get the evaporator somewhere in the air stream it should work right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts