VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im not sure where to fit my air horns i just got some but ther are 4 horns plus the compressor but on the t4 2.5 tdi with the intercooler there isnt much room under the bonnet anyone got any ideas :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
no idea ive got 3 horns compressor and the im putting a inline fuse in as well and its a 2.4 d lwb ive been told a piece of pipe and fit it in there ?? ill watch your thread see if you get any better ideas ps how much and where from ????

·
MASTER OF REPAIRS
295 Posts
Hi Jammy, can you not fit them in the inner wheel arch where they go standard?
There seems plenty of room?
Let me know where you put them as im getting some too *<:)>

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
put the compressor on the bulkhead above gear box/battery,horns can go either side of bumper?
u need to keep compressor away from water/road dirt etc,or itll have a short life!T:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i thought of putting the compressor under the bonnet as you say that has to be away from water i might look behind the bumper or the wheel arch tmoz cheers lads if you find any other ideas let us knowA:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i thought of doing that mate thanks any way i dont think i will put em on the roof buddy honk honk honk honk enough grommets filling the holes in the roof as it was ex aa vanT:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I put my horns behind the bumper where the factory horn sits, with the compressor up on the chassis leg next to the fuel filter.

Damp air still gets up the hose and into the compressor and seizes it. Theyre garbage.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
If you can see the normal horn in this pic (to the right of the water bottle), I have mounted a nautilus horn on there.

You could fix the compressor on the same location. Not too sure about the horns though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes mate i have drilled holes there today thanks anyway but they didnt suppl enough pipe to put the trumpets further away so i will have to get some any way thanks mateT:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts