VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone fitted a cold air feed direct into a standard air box ?
Ive fitted a 90mm pipe from the front bumper below drivers head light via a 104mm revo trumpet vent replacing the standard pipe to the air box, also i changed the paper filter with a K+N panel filter.
Along with a total egr valve delete and blue fin remap it drives really smooth not to mention quick fuel mpg with 3 men and a van full of tools over a 180mile daily commute it returns 42 mpg.

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
Has anyone fitted a cold air feed direct into a standard air box ?
Ive fitted a 90mm pipe from the front bumper below drivers head light via a 104mm revo trumpet vent replacing the standard pipe to the air box, also i changed the paper filter with a K+N panel filter.
Along with a total egr valve delete and blue fin remap it drives really smooth not to mention quick fuel mpg with 3 men and a van full of tools over a 180mile daily commute it returns 42 mpg.
Standard paper filter and airbox feed will give more than enough air:)

·
Premium Member
4,075 Posts
I used a K & N for a while - more noise for no extra power/mpg.
There is a big write up on the TDI forum regarding the oiled type of filters, they filter less and don't really pass anymore air.
The T5 airbox and intake pipe is the same size on all the vans, the only difference is there are 3 sizes of MAF housing depending on engine type/power etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts