VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Has anyone got any info on air ride kits for T5(if theres such a thing) Thanks in advance.

·
Meithered to death
2,859 Posts
Yea best advive i can give is DO NOT SPEAK TO RAYVERN under any circumstances he will take your money and supply you with a micky mouse set up and not answer your calls once he has your money.I have had to deal with this charlatan several times for customers that have been mislead by him and robbed:eek:

·
Registered
249 Posts
fair enough , was'nt the impression i got when talking to them though .

ray i believe it was , was very very helpfull over the phone , taking a good while out of his day to talk me through the setup , fitting and options when i was enquiring about their kit .

i was pointed their way by a few people that were very happy with the kits\service . but don't suppose you can please all the people all the time .

·
Registered
36 Posts
fair enough , was'nt the impression i got when talking to them though .

ray i believe it was , was very very helpfull over the phone , taking a good while out of his day to talk me through the setup , fitting and options when i was enquiring about their kit .

i was pointed their way by a few people that were very happy with the kits\service . but don't suppose you can please all the people all the time .
Thats just it, "You were enquiring"..................I have known ray years and remember the days when he started in this field back in the early 90's as we all use to be in a minitruck club and he kitted us all out with hydro's "b4 bags came out" and were s**t and exspensive.

Many years have passed , yes the quality etc has improved but thats just the manufacturer using better quality parts but ray will still rip you £700 plus for fitting a pretty simple kit.

I'll be wanting to bag mine when i get one and can tell you now i'll be getting all my hardware from the states. even a garage could fit these and still cost half what ray charges for the whole set up. Air ride sounds exspensive but its a simple process!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just do a search as to what you would need then try U.S ebay and links etc and you'll be amazed how cheap you can pick things up. Air tube and connections/switches can be purchased over here to keep shipping costs down but you'll save a fortune in the end!

·
Registered
249 Posts
i've checked out the prices in the usa a few years back when i was looking at doing my old chevrolet s10 pickup and yes i agree the prices were cheaper .

hav'nt checked for a while though , the exchange rate still is'nt that great at the moment along with getting stung for 25% import tax for everything i've got from the states lately , does it still work out any cheaper ?

think when i priced the full kit with a couple of upgrades it came to around 1300 quid delivered , i may still end up doing mine as i can't find a buyer for my t5 at the moment .

fittings not a problem , i'll be doing it myself . is it just ebay or would you have any other websites to have a gander over ?

cheers
steve

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Rayvern - there's a blast from the past!

He always was expensive even back in the day, although one of the originals when it came to 'juice'.

This Pontiac Grand Prix was re-done by Lowlife in Brighton who sadly no longer exist.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
36 Posts
For some reason i can't post a direct link......check these item numbers on u.s ebay 280374958125 or 180385885436 to give you an idea!

Sometimes cheaper to source the parts seporate........look up:
Air ride line
air ride valves
air ride compressors
air ride switches
air ride bags
air ride struts etc etc

The likes of switches/sol valves/air line/connectors etc can be found cheap in the u.k.
We used SMC at my work but never tried them for personal stuff. sure they could help to find the bits n bobs required or any other phumatic supplier.

The main cost is the bags/strut/tank and the u.s i'd say is your best bet.

You will need strut type bags up front but these kits can be tailormade to suit from most sellers.

Not sure what the exchange is at the mo but i found in the past that the u.s price you see is what you pay after its been shipped and taxed, maybe a tad more/less but not much. deffo cut out the middle man.

There are plenty of links on lowrider/minitruck/custom truck sites to guide you and any info required then just email the shop in question direct.

pete.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Mazda B2200 that i bagged 6years ago with a "cheap" air system from the USA(£700) +all duties,that lasted just over a year, replaced it with a better one(£1600),that lasted a couple of years. Finally ordered the parts i wanted from different firms(based on what i had learned with the other failures)and touch wood this system works fine(Cost roughly £2500).
These cost were for parts alone as i made all bag mounts, control arms etc, cheap bags,compressors,valves are just a waste of money(as most cheap things are in life) and cost more in the long run,also fit the wrong size bags and the ride can be horrible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a Mazda B2200 that i bagged 6years ago with a "cheap" air system from the USA(£700) +all duties,that lasted just over a year, replaced it with a better one(£1600),that lasted a couple of years. Finally ordered the parts i wanted from different firms(based on what i had learned with the other failures)and touch wood this system works fine(Cost roughly £2500).
These cost were for parts alone as i made all bag mounts, control arms etc, cheap bags,compressors,valves are just a waste of money(as most cheap things are in life) and cost more in the long run,also fit the wrong size bags and the ride can be horrible.
Nice choice of truck mate, This was my old mazda B2000.............do miss the old girl lol!!!

Would like to do another one day but more in the way of a slammed F150 harley

pete.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice truck,i love the "before" pics looks just like mine when i first got it LOL,Ford F150 HD are awsome trucks mine was a 2003 silver/black and did think about bagging it but sold it because i just did not use it enough(still miss the 350HP though),will post pics of the trucks when i can find them....Dom.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My Mazda B2200,rover V8,5 speed,mk2 jag axle,4 bar rear suspension,RS slam bags,1/2" pipes,3/8" fill/dump valves,2x viar 550c compressors .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sweet truck mate, i know you've put a lot of work into that. You still got it?

There use to be about 12 of us in a club in the early to mid 90's..........god that sound donkeys ago lol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sweet truck mate, i know you've put a lot of work into that. You still got it?

There use to be about 12 of us in a club in the early to mid 90's..........god that sound donkeys ago lol.
Still got the truck although am thinking of selling it as it just sits there, trouble is i have spent sooooooo much on it and its not worth much !!!!!!!!i have a wade ro34 blower(4 in fact) that i may still fit to give it a bit more go and have the Mad Max look with it sticking out of the bonnet.
The minitruck thing never seemed to take of around here but i have always had a thing about pickups, the Harley was nice because you could get 4 people in it(and the blower made a lovely wine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts