VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Tucana air suspension compressor is always on!
MOT guy says its probably been wired that way, and that it is not original. It was a rover (if I remember rightly)
I don't want the thing to burn out, what should I be looking for?
Is anyone known for being able to fix this kind of stuff?

·
Super Moderator
5,362 Posts
If the compressor isn’t switching off then I’d say it’s likely to be the pressure switch

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not familiar with the layout yet.
I think I've found the compressor on the front right underneath next to the sump.
No ,wait a minute that might be the A/C.
Where ever is the compressor?
Is the pressure switch going to be on an air tank?

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Possibly the air tank could be fitted under the vehicle, maybe aft of the fuel tank somewhere, (depends upon how big it is & therefore how much room was needed to fit it !!). Other than that it could be inside depending upon you vehicles configuration.

If you know where the compressor is, (as it's running all the time, it shouldn't be too hard to find it) you should be able to follow the air pipes, one at a time, & one will lead you to the tank. Having said that it is possible there is no tank, (not an expert on air systems).
Once you do find the tank the pressure switch should be either directly fitted to the tank or remotely via a pipe, (I would not think the remote option a common option though).

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Tucana is one of them big minibus things isn't it? As above, if the compressor is always on it shouldn't be too hard to track it down - doubt it'll be in the engine bay, more likely underslung.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes its a T5 in disguise. I accidentally found what looks like a pressure switch in a panel, along with most if not all the relays and air controls. From the labels, both the front and rear should kneel down. Annoyingly the rear goes down after a day of being off. I have an idea to make them be independently controlled to level it out when parked on a slope.
Compressor is definitely on the right, still got to find it. After seeing some 4x4 truck conversions, it ought to be possible to make it how I want it and add an air line for inflating tires, etc.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I to have a Tucana. The compressor is under sling and can be accessed via a plate under the drivers seat. Does your extra fuse box/box of doom also give you nightmares 🤪🤪

1 - 8 of 8 Posts