VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Finally got around to trying this and it worked a treat. Fortunately, the cable wasn’t too twisted but enough to stop it clicking home. Those instructions were great and it only took me 10 mins. I needn’t had worried - T20 Torx are the way forward :ILU:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Finally got around to trying this and it worked a treat. Fortunately, the cable wasn’t too twisted but enough to stop it clicking home. Those instructions were great and it only took me 10 mins. I needn’t had worried - T20 Torx are the way forward :ILU:
Yay another success T:

We drove none stop for 6 hours through France in 33c on Saturday and made the ferry with 8 minutes to spare, so glad I sorted the blowers!

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Glad you got it sorted Carloss T:

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I have also had the same problem on my 2009 Shuttle, so have given it a go! The guide was great and I've managed to straighten the cable out and the vents work much better now.

However, like some of the replies on here, my central blowers were working at about 90% and I could see that the white disc the control cables attach too wasn't fully engaging in the cams attached to it. It's as if the white disc isn't fixed properly or has moved somehow and the cams are jumping out of position when I turn the control dial.

Does anybody have any advice/how to on removing or replacing the white disc (as in post #33) to get it to engage properly? It's very fiddly to get at ( I've removed the glove box ) but should be do able just about I hope!

Thanks for any tips

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am also trying to find the answer to the above question by yellowmello.

Does anybody have any advice/how to on removing or replacing the white disc (as in post #33)?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts