VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

OK, I've now retro fitted my B7 MFSW and used the new Loom as specified (Ref 3C8971584F) and ran wires from pin 9 to the +12v on the light switch and pin 10 to pin 17 on the BCM but have a question regarding the Airbag.

I used the original Airbag but with the new Loom, and now the Airbag light is on.

I've not coded the MFSW yet as I'm waiting delivery of VCDS in a day or so.

My question is, when I code the MFSW in with VCDS will the Airbag light also go out or will I have to reset that too? Or have I done something wrong?

Hope someone can advise?

Speak soon.

Martin

·
Special Rapporteur
9,178 Posts
If you turned the ignition on with any part of the airbag connection open circuit then it will throw up a fault in the airbag controller which does not self-reset.

If that's what has happened, you should be able to clear the DTC in the airbag controller when you have VCDS and the light should go out.

·
Special Rapporteur
9,178 Posts
Diagnostic trouble code (or it might be something in German).

Personally I would wait until the fault scanner turns up and see what the fault is. No point in trying to fix something until you know for sure it's broken...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, Saying that I may have disconnected the battery after I popped the clips off the Airbag. We shall see at the weekend I guess, many thanks. (y)

·
Special Rapporteur
9,178 Posts
Sometimes you just have to look at those connections wrong and they throw up a fault code. When I did my first headunit change I could have sworn I had the battery disconnected the whole time, but when I powered up again I had a fault code because I had the "Airbag off" light disconnected during the change. And yes, that does generate a fault code that will not clear itself...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts