VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all - airbag fault light and warnign stays on even after the front seats in the T5 caravelle have been put back and clips checked. any ideas?

·
jabby fingered, worn nubbed, ginger ninja
12,080 Posts
There's a wiring loom under the drivers seat, might want to have a check there fellaT:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Meatball - had a good look under the seat and re-clipped all the plugs in - was wondering if there was a rest required via VAG ?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If you didn't disconnect the battery first then the ECU will have logged an intermittent wiring fault when you disconnected it.

You'll need to plug VAG COM in and clear the codes in the Airbag section.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you didn't disconnect the battery first then the ECU will have logged an intermittent wiring fault when you disconnected it.

You'll need to plug VAG COM in and clear the codes in the Airbag section.
thanks Phatty - didnt disconnect the battery so is likely to be as per your advice. Any one near solihull with a VAG COM you can recommend?

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
I think you are close ish if you want to pop down we can re-set it for you, we get it all the time swopping seats removing belts etc, only takes 2 mins and we wouldnt charge you:ILU:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Does the loom from the passenger side go to the drivers side, I have a air bag fault on my caravelle, vat om says it is a fault on passenger side, but I have soldered the joints up and reset the codes, only for the light to come back on 5 mins later. Really had enough of the light now and want it sorting, anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think you are close ish if you want to pop down we can re-set it for you, we get it all the time swopping seats removing belts etc, only takes 2 mins and we wouldnt charge you:ILU:
Thanks all - was indeed a simple reset - kind bloke at Jeep workshop did it for me when i picked up a clutch for my mate. all happy and running smooth. next job tyres!! *<:)>

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the same problem with my T5.1, took to my local VW dealer and they reset the fault for free no less, it should cost about £80). it turns out that if the ignition is switched on (i was listening the to the radio) then it logs a fault and it wont reset until the fault code is removed

Cheers

D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts