VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my head-unit and in the process tested it without re-connecting the airbag warning light on the dash/center console. I now have the airbag fault light symbol on my dash and have read from previous threads that it needs clearing, however some people say it can only be done by a vw dealer and some say it can be done with a hand held fault reader than can be purchased online.

Can anyone confirm what is required?

Thanks

Hugh

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my head-unit and in the process tested it without re-connecting the airbag warning light on the dash/center console. I now have the airbag fault light symbol on my dash and have read from previous threads that it needs clearing, however some people say it can only be done by a vw dealer and some say it can be done with a hand held fault reader than can be purchased online.

Can anyone confirm what is required?

Thanks

Hugh
Give us a indication of where you live, I'm sure someone will be local to help you out, if you are South based then we have VCDS and a drink will sort itT:

·
Registered
896 Posts
I need to do this myself - can you reset it with OBD using one of the free android apps?
I would think most cheap OBD readers only concentrate on the engine management light and P Faults codes, so will not reset your airbag light.

Tell us your location maybe someone can help.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
I will be in Welshpool on the 17th if you haven't sorted it by then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts