VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...

I'm new on here, so this is my 1st post..;) I'm in Oz...

We've got a 2.5 TDi, which we bought a few years back...

After realising that the horn wasn't working, i found that it had been disconnected, so i plugged it back in only to get a constant blaring...

It's taken a while but i finally got around to looking at it...

I searched & found this forum, which is really cool by the way, while changing the oil/fuel/air filters...

So when i started tinkering to find the problem with the horn i checked on here for a solution...

I found the thread about removing the airbag to install cruise control...

After messing around for a while i finally removed the airbag to find that someone had tried before & busted all the horn plate...:confused:

To remove the airbag follow the instructions on the other thread but try to get the screwdriver in as close to the steering column as possible before pulling out towards the seat... nice & gentle... i found this makes it a whole lot easier & you won't break any of the housing for the springs...

So i fixed that with a bit of soldering & replaced it... horn still not working...:confused:

So took off airbag again, easy when you know how... but then the connector to the airbag broke...:eek:

So now i've had to buy a new clock spring/airbag module...got on ebay for $100

Hopefully this will resolve the problem...

Is the the horn anything to do with the clock spring...?

But now i suppose i'll need to reset the airbag light...I:

Are the cheap vagcom cables on ebay any good...? & is there a Mac version of the software...?

Anyway, we shall see...

all IS good...

Peace & Love...

Jamie.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Clockspring and horn ring thing are different items. If it helps I couldn't find a T4 one so used one from an early Golf. A mk.3 I think it was.
Vagcom leads from ebay are fine and then the free VCDS download from Rosstech should sort out your airbag light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts