VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Brisbane Australia guys. I'm a recent addition to the world of VW ownership with a new-to-me 03 Caravelle. The headlining was on the droop when I got it, so while sorting that out (I'm a motor trimmer), the idea of customizing the rest of the interior took hold. I have a question about the steering wheel though. On the wheel pictured, where does the airbag break through? I intend on covering the rim of the wheel, but would like to do the horn pad/airbag cover too, just need to know where to place my seams. Can't see any burst points like you usually would.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi, the airbag breaks in the middle, by the badge and doesn't rip in a controlled maner...its quite a messy rip ! I have a 4 spoke audi at the garage with deployed airbags i could take some pictures if you wish...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks adamss24, that would be great if you could please. Doesn't sound too promising for me to safely wrap the pad though.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yep, and don't believe the tosh circulating on the net that old airbags don't deploy, this a6 is a 2001 and airbags deployed perfectly after the chap fell asleep at the wheel and jumped off a small bridge into a ditch...Car took the impact well !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts