VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
I've decided I'm going back to an OEM airbox on my 88 AJT prior to getting it mapped. Basically I replaced the old "induction kit" style which was **** n rusty with one claiming to be better and not liable to rust which... yup you gussed it, rusted.
So I've bought the box, and a K&N cloth filter to go in it, only thing I hadn't quite realised is that the hose connecting the airbox and sensor to the intake is totally different. I've been scratching my head as to what the part would be called and just when I thought I'd found it, I saw a picture of someone elses and it was totally different!
Anyone got any idea what the hose to connect the airbox is/where I could get one?
Any help much appreciated
Hinny

·
Registered
291 Posts
Howdy,
I've decided I'm going back to an OEM airbox on my 88 AJT prior to getting it mapped. Basically I replaced the old "induction kit" style which was **** n rusty with one claiming to be better and not liable to rust which... yup you gussed it, rusted.
So I've bought the box, and a K&N cloth filter to go in it, only thing I hadn't quite realised is that the hose connecting the airbox and sensor to the intake is totally different. I've been scratching my head as to what the part would be called and just when I thought I'd found it, I saw a picture of someone elses and it was totally different!
Anyone got any idea what the hose to connect the airbox is/where I could get one?
Any help much appreciated
Hinny
Not sure which hose you are talking about but I presume it's the one that looks like it's come of a hoover? If so Ebay or a scrapyard or measure the diameter & google it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really sure how to explain what it does better than the above :unsure:, if I knew what it was called... I could ebay it! It has the airbox and MAF on one end and I presume the turbo on the other?
Quite a bits got to come out to measure the turbo end, so i'd rather wait until I have all the bits before dismantling anything.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not really sure how to explain what it does better than the above :unsure:, if I knew what it was called... I could ebay it! It has the airbox and MAF on one end and I presume the turbo on the other?
Quite a bits got to come out to measure the turbo end, so i'd rather wait until I have all the bits before dismantling anything.
Sorry pal I missed your post.
Have a look on here: Volkswagen Parts catalog - ETKA Online, Volkswagen EUROPA, original Catalog Volkswagen EUROPA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts