VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day fellas.
My van has water running down the inside foot wells (both sides but mostly the left foot-well) when th air con is running. I've just driven a 3000km trip in the heat and the left foot well was shipping quite a bit of water, enough to soak the bag on the floor.
It sounds like the de humidifier not clearing the water outside of the car, but when I park the car, there is a puddle of water which is normal in our humid hot environment. (Tropical Nth Queensland Australia).
Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thanks and best wishes.

Ken

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
I had the same issue in a range rover a few years back.

There were two pipes that drained the condensate to the underneath of the car that were blocked, they were located and unblocked using an air hose and this sorted the problem.
Yours sounds similar.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Your evaporator will normally produce condensation. Being in Oz it will be considerably more than over here.

Check the Heaterbox drain tube is not partially blocked - Use a bit of wire to poke up the tube.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick reply fellas.
Would I access this drain from the outside fire wall?

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Yeah dude,

Somewhere by the bulkhead - Dont ask me where exactly??

Turn it on and watch for the drips.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
IIRC the pipe is on the rear fire wall, just behind where the battery is slightly towards the centre, big black round rubber plug (50mm?) with a rubber tube moulded into itT:

Personally I wouldn't use an air hose as you could damage the rubber/force debris the into the wrong bits, just poke something up there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts