VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted a few pictures last week in my build post in the general chat section, which may have been the wrong place, and a few people have DM’d me looking for more info and pictures

I got the idea from the door catches which are Aero style and all the aluminium trim I used that you’d see on cargo boxes and flight cases. I discovered you could buy used airplane parts just like used car parts so I thought it’d be cool to be able the turn the reading lights on and off like a plane and it went from there. I gutted most of the inside of the unit and just kept the switches and light housing. The bulbs are regular 12v led G4 and it runs off the leisure battery via fuse board. The no smoking fasten seat belt and 1 downlighter are connected to the door courtesy switch so comes on when you get in, goes off when moving and on again when you turn off the engine. The led strips are leisure battery powered and controlled via remote control. The other 4 lights are run from the switch panel on the side of the wardrobe.
Automotive lighting Electricity Electrical wiring Circuit component Electronic engineering
Automotive design Audio equipment Gas Flooring Auto part
Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Wood Floor Gas Auto part Metal
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Bumper
Office equipment Audio equipment Gadget Gas Electronic instrument
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electrical wiring Bumper Rim
Hand Automotive tire Bicycle part Motor vehicle Finger
Table Rectangle Wood Floor Flooring
Automotive design Wood Gadget Flooring Gas

·
Registered
290 Posts
That looks ace...
Can really associate with that having spent over 40 years servicing and relamping such PCUs in real life.
Oxygen drop out panel would have made a nice cubby hole accessible at a push of a button not forgetting the PA speakers

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks ace...
Can really associate with that having spent over 40 years servicing and relamping such PCUs in real life.
Oxygen drop out panel would have made a nice cubby hole accessible at a push of a button not forgetting the PA speakers

I have the speaker and did consider using it (well the grill anyway) and a cubby hole but there's not much room up there and didn't want to cut into the ply too much. I needed to get it as flush to the roof as possible for headspace so I already have the tops of those long tall switches poking up into it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Know exactly what you mean, headroom is at a premium on the standard height campervans, got the scars to prove it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts