VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

Well heres another build thread. It will contain loads of spelling mistakes, and lines which dont make sense, So you have been warned ! :D

Thought i would start a build thread of my recent caddy purchase.

Its a 2.0 140bhp, which comes with electric pack and air con.

I had a bonus of already having the seats recovered in leather.

I have been shopping today (or parts collecting) and come back with a nice sportsline front bumper and grill.

But tommorow i am going to line the rear of the van, flooring down, and hopfully some lights in the roof.

Heres my plan for the caddy....

To look like a sportsline, but to be lower and have bigger wheels.

To have a rock n roll bed with seatbelts. Flip tv, small fridge, slimline units down o/s with sink. lesuire battery under false floor + water tank maybe under there too.

Roofbox for all my kiting gear.

So thats my plan, Lets see what i come up with.

So heres the standard van pics, loads more to follow.

Oh..And by the way, It will most proberbly be for sale in a few months when i get board LOL: No honestly, this is a keeper I:

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
I really do like these :cool: Lookin forward to watchin this conversion T: Get on with it ;):D

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really do like these :cool: Lookin forward to watchin this conversion T: Get on with it ;):D
Its going to be a little slow at first due to offer work.

But i am hoping the small size should speed things up.

Its only about half the size inside of a transporter inside, so it should take me half the time :D

·
Registered
859 Posts
It looks like you've bought a nice van mate T: and it wil be interesting to watch your conversion,

I take it you're not putting windows in now? I am getting more and more tempted to get one of these every time I see one on here,

oh and by the way what do they drive like and are they quick?

Mick.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like you've bought a nice van mate T: and it wil be interesting to watch your conversion,

I take it you're not putting windows in now? I am getting more and more tempted to get one of these every time I see one on here,

oh and by the way what do they drive like and are they quick?

Mick.
Not going to do the windows. I could get a side loader with a recess for a window, and if one turns up cheap i may go for it. But £300 for a bare side loader with recess is too much.

Driving wise, The 140 bhp is great, And its gets a 6 speed box so i belive that 90mph is only 3k revs, so ive been told I:

The road noise from the back is a pain on the motorway, I measured 90db:eek:.

So it will be intresting to flashband, insulate and carept and re test tommorow to see how much it comes down.

May have it remapped at some point. Not that it really needs it, But it would be fun :D

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Looks a nice van mate, I will be watching your build thread like I did with your T5, be interesting how much you can cram in !!!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Caddys it's the way forward ! Love mine to bits .

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Driving wise, The 140 bhp is great, And its gets a 6 speed box so i belive that 90mph is only 3k revs, so ive been told

sounds about right about the same as my bora not sure if it altered after the remap though..
not selling me bora untill i can get a mk5 jetta wagon ( golf estate ) to everyone else..LOL:

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all,

Quick update, Didnt get as much done has i would have liked. Starting to think about how i am going to convert it, how tall the bed will have to be etc..

My plan is to use the space under the floor to put the lesuire batt, water tank, and a sub.

Then have some units down the side of the van, which will have a top loader fridge, and a sink..

But all the sinks i have seen are too wide. So i think its possable to use a bain marie dish/tray or whatever you would call it.

Heres a pic. So i want the inner bit..

The only prob i can see is how to make the drain hole. I can drill the hole, But then it need pressing down so the drain can sit flat.

So thinking i need someone with apress or something.. Any idea's????

If i do the units approx 200mm wide, it will leave approx 1050mm for a bed, which is fine.

The other prob i came accross is what to do with the plastic trims after the bulkhead has been removed. It is possable to cut all the bulkhead down to reuse some of that, Or sell the bulkhead and buy some new trims. i Will ring VW up tommorow and price them up. But heres a pic of the problem i am taking about...

So bulkhead fitted

And now removed...

Heres a couple of general pics after flashbanding and some carpet linning done.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
i cut the bulkhead to sort that gap andy T:
Ill show you how soon I:
wouldnt like to kip in mine tho ;)

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
! But I can say it's much better than that middle aged Mondeo man monstrosity (do you like what I did with all the Ms there!) you turned up to my house in the other week pmsl LOL:LOL:LOL:
Janes T5 has just sold, So jane is now mondeo man (or women)

Dont i know how to look after her LOL:

For everyone who has not seen the mondeo, Its a T reg diesel, with a misfire and plenty of rust. But it beats the bus T:

1 - 20 of 158 Posts