VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
just took mine out last week, give a huge increase in torque biut its more like a spike, clutch has done 31k and it makes it slip.owing tio the boost spike beimg virtualy instant,

got a mate of mine who will do them what he calls plus five and plus 10,
so smooth now and just as powerful but linear power delivery
only done 300 miles so far but its runs great

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had my 2.5TDI professionally remapped by Wayne at Chipwizards a few years ago but my friends would be very interested in how these work, how reliable they are and how to fit them.

Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vwtoy where are the ones available from that you have now? Have you got any more details. I'm a long way from anyone good that could map my van, but something like a chip I could change with a flashed Map already on would be ideal.

·
Registered
300 Posts
You need to have your ecu socketed before you can swap the chips, the original chips are soldered directly to the board they need to be removed and sockets fitting in their place then you can push fit plcc32 chips with the new map written to them.

I have fitted sockets before but they are a bit of a PITA to do.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Vwtoy where are the ones available from that you have now? Have you got any more details. I'm a long way from anyone good that could map my van, but something like a chip I could change with a flashed Map already on would be ideal.

sorry mate been away 4 days no internet,
we are in oxfordshire, bit far for you to come!

·
6,703 Posts
Or you could install PP0.5 injectors and kill 2 birds with one stone and still have the option to remap for even more...

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
In my experience with generic performance chips, you get a good wallop more power, but generally a bunch of smoke off-throttle when cruising. Didnt bother me, but the guys behind get grumpy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts