VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all after using the van to and from work in the day I set the alarm on van and roughly it goes off a couple of hours later I can't stop it with the fob it then resets itself and triggers again and then again so I have removed the fuse allthough this stops the alarm it also stops the central locking from working, this has been happening for the last few nights , central locking works perfect alarms sets perfect , I have a split charge system and when I charge it from the 240v the alarm when set still goes off in the same way , all door contacts seem to be OK as when I open the doors the lights come on , I don't seem to have any other alarm sensors that I can see and finally the wiring under the drivers seat is all intact as I checked that this morning :confused: any ideas t5 2006 2.5 lwb

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought it is a factory fitted alarm , allthough the van starts fine everyday I keep thinking the battery voltage might be dropping and maybe causing it

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LEDs flash next to the door pins and if I could locate the siren I would disconnect it so I could use the central locking

·
Administrator
5,484 Posts
Possibly a faulty battery, maybe a drop in voltage and alarm thinks it's being tampered with, that was one cause when mine did it, take it for a free battery test in case one of the cells is dead.
Also make sure all doors are closing properly and contacts are working right

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Needs a vcds scan.

Could be any number of things, battery is a good guess as said.

Could be door switches faulty or failed, mine used to set the alarm off upon starting if I had been in it long enough that it got confused and locked itself, or tried to, due to a faulty door switch in the drivers door lock.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the advice so far took readings this morning and the van has not been started since 3pm yesterday
12.6v present
12.5v after I put headlights sat nav/ radio on for 2 minutes
10.3v for a milli second when I started the van
13.9v with engine running
The reading seem close to needing a new battery but the van starts fine every morning with no effort and I want to fix the alarm not put a new battery in to find it has no affect on the alarm as replacing the battery is a easy job I can do should it fail, I had a t4 before this van and was forever swapping parts to fix issues that did not help so really don't want to go down that route again !

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update
Can't remove wiper arms to get access to remove scuttle panel to find and isolate the siren , so I have puts some plus gas on and ordered a puller tool. Also put fuse back in and after about 2 hrs the alarm continually goes off then resets itself then keeps going of again immediately until I pull the fuse again the fob is working the central locking but not turning off the alarm.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Update
Can't remove wiper arms to get access to remove scuttle panel to find and isolate the siren , so I have puts some plus gas on and ordered a puller tool. Also put fuse back in and after about 2 hrs the alarm continually goes off then resets itself then keeps going of again immediately until I pull the fuse again the fob is working the central locking but not turning off the alarm.
Can be done without puller by holding the fixed cast bit with your right hand and left hand on part where you remove 13mm nut an pull up down up down with right hand

Also can you see a siren under the trim?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No Vcds but managed to get wiper arms off with help from plus gas and a puller, located the siren and removed it to find a cable had corroded just before the plug removed the terminal thingy and soldered it up put everything back together and set alarm fingers crossed that what was the cause , took photos but can't seem to upload them to my picture album allthough I have done it hundreds of times before !!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts