VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, not posted for a while which is a good thing! So my alarm goes off between 10mins and 8 hours after being locked, typically goes off in the middle of the night. Did a Vagcom and quite a few faults point to the control module under the drivers seat. There is quite a lot posts on here about a corroded split in a red/blue power cable. So i will go here first.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seat up and back , handbrake dismantled, started unwrapping the insulation and found a likely wire that wasn't connected to anything with tape on the end, no sign of corrosion or a break, looks cut - possibly a red herring. that wire is sort of in
the middle of the photo, slightly to the right...i shall continue investigating.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, the fabled split / connection is perfectly sound. no other conections found.
I will prob start a new thread with my vagcom printout. plenty of references to the convenience module (j393). some of these could well be historic and or red herrings, there are a few items - alarm horn internal battery and tailgate latch short to ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts