VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
I use GAP Security to do the alarms on my bikes. I think they're national company and they come and do it on your drive. Reasonable price as well I thought. T:

Will be getting them to do my van later this year A:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sextons on Walters Road do an alarm fitting service - I used them many moons ago and they did a pretty good job.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fantastic job Martyn, thanks very much.

Very impressed with the product and your expertise.

Couple of things - where are the sensors inside? You have done such a good job of hiding them! Also, is there a 'test' mode so I can make the alarm go off so I know what it sounds like?

Thoroughly recommend Martyns services - just like a factory fit (but much better!) and I LOVE that flashing blue LED ;)

A:

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
You're welcome Chris. The sensors are behind the mesh above the switches on the interior light module above the rear view mirror.
To set the alarm off sit inside and arm the system, wait 45 seconds and then move your arms around. T:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi guys

just bought a new kombi with lots of extras but they didnt tell me an alarms an optional extra.(great)

anyone know someone in Cardiff area who can fit one for me?

regards
Steve

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
Yes, this alarm works from your VW keyfob. I have a slot this Friday or Saturday otherwise it would be week after next as I am in North Wales all next week.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Guys on the subject of security. Also make sure your house doors are double locked/dead bolted etc EVERY NIGHT even when your in the house as my van was taken last Thursday night, even though it was alarmed. They just broke into the house and took the keys from the living room (which is on the middle floor of a three story house so not exactly out on show)

Take care!! :(

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Thor

Thanks for the reminder dude

I'm sorry to hear that your van was nicked with the keys taken from the house.

I still don't understand how you can order a van from the main dealers for £27000 and it not have an alarm fitted :*

Hope your insurance pays up so you can get another soon
regards

Steve e

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Upspex

Martin it was great to meet you today and have a chat.

My alarm is great and I'm setting and unsetting it just to hear my van talk to me lolLOL:LOL:

A massive thanks for the quality job on my van and I will be giving you a call to fit a TV in the near future

A:

Steve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts