VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
You get what you pay for, these suits will have stiched seams which will let in and out loads of water so wont be very warm.

if you just want a summer splash around they may be fine

T:

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
I feel almost sorry for the poor buggers that are modelling them. Either they (well him at least) have short arms, or the suit is made for a Gibbon :eek:

Agency: "I have a deal for you modelling wetsuits. Interested?"
Model: "Sounds great, who? (mind sets off wondering - Billabong, C-Skins, O'Neil, Quicksilver???)
Agency: "Errm......Aldi!"
Model: " Oh, b:*ks, okay yes, :*:*:*. Hope no one sees me!"

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
I feel almost sorry for the poor buggers that are modelling them. Either they (well him at least) have short arms, or the suit is made for a Gibbon :eek:

Agency: "I have a deal for you modelling wetsuits. Interested?"
Model: "Sounds great, who? (mind sets off wondering - Billabong, C-Skins, O'Neil, Quicksilver???)
Agency: "Errm......Aldi!"
Model: " Oh, b:*ks, okay yes, :*:*:*. Hope no one sees me!"
could of been worse, that could of been a T4 they were stood againstLOL:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
The problem with these, and a lot of the supermarket suits, is that they are overlock stitched so you end up with great lumps of neoprene on every seam. This is really uncomfortable, makes you look like Frankenstein's monster when you take it off and they let water in quickly on the seams, making them nowhere near as warm. They would probably be Ok for half hour sessions whilst on holiday in August, but not much use if you have all day surfs in mind.
The best bet is to go for the less popular suits like Alder or Tiki. They are much cheaper than the likes of O'Neill, but last well. I have used Alder suits for my surf school for years and they are usually OK even after a few seasons use. The other option is to keep your eye out for ex school or hire suits.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I managed to pick up ex surf hire suits for £20 each at Braunton after mikeys do at Lobb april this year

Nbsurf reckoned they would have cost him around £80 each retail !!!!!

and they were great when i used them at Newgale last weekend

Daaisy:ILU:

·
Registered
874 Posts
I reckon mine and Nias hadn't been much used as they look in really good condition................ but not so sure about Sams lol !!!!

Daaisy:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
More importantly Lidl's have ring spanner sets for £3.99...what a bargain..off to get some ..T:T:

LOL: only kidding at that price i'll buy 2 sets..

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They will be fine for you- your belly lard will keepyou warmI:
oh!!! no need for that!!! i dont think rhinochaser is infact the right man for the southwales co-ordinator!!! insulting his fellow t4'ers like this!!!!

if anyone agrees i'll be in the pub having a cider and a large pieI:I:I::D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts