VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive just bought a lovily set of alfa romeo seat for my van.

yesterday i decided to have a look at fitting them, every one on here says how its a 5min job. when i lined them up it doesnt look as strait forwad as i firts thought. there looks a lot of grinding and drilling involved.
so before i hack away at the seats i thought id find out if im missing a simpler way of fitting them?? any one got experience in fittings these?? if so please help
cheers and gone
jimmy

:*

·
Registered
166 Posts
You need to grind the big locater pin off and make a new hole there.
Then you need to make new holes in your old seat base.

Put the seat on top and use something to mark the holes. I used the drill bit to scratch a mark I could easily see.
I used M6 (I think) nuts and bolts to fix them on.

The hardest bit was grinding the big pin off.

Where are you located?
If you are in Dorset I could give you a hand.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
am in the middle of doing the same thing but am fitting them to swivel bases,had to make up a couple of channels to raise the seat up 20mm so the bar that raises and lowers the drivers seat will clear the base,just need to measure and drill them and hope it's not to high,the passengers side looks pretty straight forward,just drill new holes in the swivel base and bolt up,no hight adjustment on that one T:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers for the help guys. should be able to get that done next week ill post some pics up as soon as there fitted.
cheers and gone;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
You cannot imagine how chuffed I am to hear that Alfa seats are do-able. Saw a beautiful pair in the scrappy the other day, no doubt they'll want the shirt off my back for them too.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mine are on swivels too, pretty straightforward marking and drilling. i did use 8mm bolts though. Got the rear cushions from mark at Autobeds if you want a matching set.T: just won a red leather steering wheel to complete the cab which is now sprayed black.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i love the red retrim and matching back. looks mental. what alfa are those seat from? did u get them retrimed?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi , cheersT: they're from a 156, just have Momo stamped on the headrests, not the big Alfa logo i've seen on some. not been re-trimmed, the rear seats were made by Mark at Autobeds, good match eh? mrs insisted on the red kettle..H:

Robbie,

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hi guys,

I know this is a bit old now, how easy was it to swap over the seat belt receivers? The rest looks fairly straight forward.

Cheers :ILU:

·
Registered
986 Posts
dont know,mine are still sitting in the spare room I:
Like me then! I have had some jag seats in the back of the waiting to be fitted for, lets say quite a while! I:

Seen these alfa ones in the scrappy yard but asked how much they wanted for them today and said £200, so will probably stick with the jags! T:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've just fitted Alfa 156 seats to my T4, i have the Momo ones with the smallstamp in the side on the headrest.

It was a simple job just cut the rear pin off the rails, mark and drill the new holes in the base's and fiit.

I'll post some pics this weekend.

There were a few sets on ebay last week and got mine for £72

·
Registered
986 Posts
£60 - £70, now that I would be happy with!! These were the same, Momo stamped into the side of the head rest, side airbags. Lovely condition... £200 :eek:

Hey Bear101, did you swap the receiver easy enough?

:ILU:

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI guys im trying to fit alfa Gt seat in my T5 but the seats are wider than the swivel base so nee to modify the base any suggestions welcome

1 - 17 of 17 Posts