VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Lowering the van this weekend, then going to get the wheel alignment done.

There seems to be a difference in opinion as to whether or not the rear wheels can be realigned after lowering.

Does anyone know the definitive answer? If it's possible, how can the rear be adjusted? Should a tyre shop or such like know how and be able to do this?

Cheers in advance for your comments!

·
Registered
63 Posts
correct me if im wrong but as they pivot up and to the rear (not side to side) there is no adjustment on camber as you go up and down...

·
Registered
405 Posts
you cannot adjust the camber as it is fixed but you can adjust the amount of toe in on the rear wheels by loosening the inner suspension arm mounting bolt and moving it forwards (its in a slotted hole) you may run out of adjustment depending on how low it is but you can always elongate the slot if you really wanted to.

It can definitely be done cos i watched them do it so don't take any bull off them

HTH

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All really interesting answers, thanks very much. I know which questions to ask now!!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
yes the toe can be done but its not commonly known how to do it i had this problem when i had my new tyres doing after the drop they checked the alinment and was bang on or only a tiny fraction out this was after the drop and the previous tires wore evenly. they said they could see how it was done but did'nt want to touch what they did'nt have knowledge about im happy that my tyres are being worn evenly. Thats what its all about i guess! yes it can be done and should need to be done if you drop your van but if your tyres are wearing right then i dont understand why you should touch it.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts