VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
previously; salad tosser
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bought it with no 5th gear so that was the first job i done but i've lost pics due to updating my iphone without backing up:(
Done a repair on the rear bumper then passed it on to a mate for colour coding

Next was the side windows that i got from veedub transporters

me and the missis cut the holes out using a grinder, drill and a file.( was pooping myself!!) Well she watched where the sparks were landing, finished off the edges with some black edging off ebay so looks nice n neat :)

·
previously; salad tosser
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Next was rear seating, got this for£35 delivered! well pleased!!:D

used 8 12mm bolts with square washer plates from toolstation, the hardest part was removing the heat shield for access( broke 5 washer type nuts but there about 50p each from v dub) look the part as all the seats match but might get them recovered in the future

·
Previously went by: Holburn
387 Posts
V nice job matey , like the finishing touches and ya must be like a suicidal trainspotter? Chuffed to bits , a mean pmsl .. Carry on the good work , enjoying the thread! Al the best Buddy.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Amazing transformation! What's the back going to be used for? Oh and what's 'pmsl' ?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Got my white stuff back from my mate( well grey/ white);)

The colour coding paint work looks brilliant. Do you happen to know all the stages that were carried out to get them looking so good?
I would be very interested in finding out how your mate worked his magic. Very impressive!

Cheers,

J

·
previously; salad tosser
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He told me that there was a lot of prep work involved to get them smooth, the process went somthing like this

Soft D A to remove any marks,
Clean to remove any silicone/ back to black etc,
Plastic primer then high build primer wet on wet,
Baked in the oven for a bit,
Flat off the primer and then apply base coat,
Then a couple of coats of clear coat.

I may have missed some bits off but I think this is the gist of it, he had the bits for a good couple of weeks because it was getting done inbetween jobs but the van was off the road anyway so it didn't bother me and it was well worth the wait, totally transforms the van!:)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts