VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

hi all just brought some audi 17" alloys problem is on full lock they are catching found old post saying need 10mm spacers all around but unsure on wether universal spacer or hubcentric:* don't want to make a school boy era I: so any help/advise would be great :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers hoovie thanks for the advise take it I will need 10mm longer bolts too and do all four need spacers or just front two where problem is :* any advise on where to buy or just use flee bay :D

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,048 Posts
I will leave others to advise on bolts and best source. Just wanted to make sure you didn't go and buy the cheap universal spacers in case no one answered in time!

I did see what looked like a quality set of spacers and bolts on eBay sold by Demon Tweeks, so a decent supplier, but that would work out at around £80 for 4 wheels and there may be equally good options for less cash?

PS - those wheels look brilliant :)

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,048 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
hi all just brought some audi 17" alloys problem is on full lock they are catching found old post saying need 10mm spacers all around but unsure on wether universal spacer or hubcentric:* don't want to make a school boy era I: so any help/advise would be great :D
They're Audi A3 Sport alloys and ET56...hence the need for spacers.
Yes hubcentric ones are the way to go.

However...are you aware those wheels are only load rated to 600kgs each so 'may' not be upto the job on your van...the same could apply to the tyres as well depending on their size and load rating ?
Check the axle weights on the bonnet landing panel to make sure.

·
Registered
207 Posts
They're Audi A3 Sport alloys and ET56...hence the need for spacers.
Yes hubcentric ones are the way to go.

However...are you aware those wheels are only load rated to 600kgs each so 'may' not be upto the job on your van...the same could apply to the tyres as well depending on their size and load rating ?
Check the axle weights on the bonnet landing panel to make sure.
Yes 600kgs is quite low. We would recommend a minimum weight loading of 768kg for the T4.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi do not want to sound silly but will they be safe as van only carrying me and misses at moment back empty looking to do up over next year or so , so wont be carrying any weight bar engine body and two adults one 14 stone one 9 stone :* must say really happy to be part of such a great community that give great feed back T: thanks all:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts