VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find the load rating of an OEM alloy that was fitted to Passats. The wheels are Catalunya with the code 3C0601025AE.

I've tried contacting VW and they're about as helpful as a chocolate teapot and wondered if there's anywhere online that may have the info (have tried googling without success) or a TUV certificate that may have the info.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Suppose the obvious port of call is the max loading of passat , compared to the van you have . If theres a discrepancy . you have the answer ...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suppose the obvious port of call is the max loading of passat , compared to the van you have . If theres a discrepancy . you have the answer ...
I guess so, will have a look but would be nice if there was a definitive answer as in those wheels are rated to ....Kg that way any doubt is wiped away.

Cheers

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try this

http://www.original-felgen.com/vw/passat/3c/

But I doubt you'll find a passat alloy rated highly enough for a t4... Try late model a8's or the phaeton.
Cheers, I doubt it myself but have got some at a great price so was hoping I'd be okay. The wheels in question aren't listed on that site but I guess any of the Passatt alloys are going to be of a similar rating anyway.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
Cheers, I doubt it myself but have got some at a great price so was hoping I'd be okay. The wheels in question aren't listed on that site but I guess any of the Passatt alloys are going to be of a similar rating anyway.
It's virtually impossible to get load rating of OEM wheels, let alone getting sight of a TUV or JWL certificate. As has been said GVW of a Passat is much less than a T4.

The reason VW will not entertain that type of enquiry is they can only recommend what was correct for each specific type of vehicle. The wheel manufacturers themselve won't help either as you were not their customer.

I know I have been there, if you do find a way to unlock the secret I am sure we would all like to knowA:

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,251 Posts
I'm trying to find the load rating of an OEM alloy that was fitted to Passats. The wheels are Catalunya with the code 3C0601025AE.

I've tried contacting VW and they're about as helpful as a chocolate teapot and wondered if there's anywhere online that may have the info (have tried googling without success) or a TUV certificate that may have the info.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here you go ... http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2501663&postcount=58

And the answer is .... 650Kg. Depending on what T4 you have, they may be within the load spec, or they may not :* for my 800 Special, they are perfect T:

Here is my T4 running on the Catalunya wheels and Continental AT Tyres ....

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers for that Hoovie, I'm running a Caravelle which comes in at 1350Kg front and 1380Kg rear so looks like I'm a bit over their rating.

Might look at selling them on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts