VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of saving up for a nice set of alloys & tyres then i would like to get the van dropped - not sure where to start though! Can anyone recomend a good thread or just give me some advise on where to beginn.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
depends on your budget ?? if you cant afford 00's of pounds for alloys at the moment then lower first as front just needs some labour and rear needs springs so can be done for under £100 and keep your steels on at the moment

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Hi Wightpat,

Talk about this at our meet up soon bud, if too fat turns up, look at his T4, Full camper conv, dropped 40mm on KW's and wound down the front himself mate. Nice drop i think.

If you have the tools quite an easy job, just take your time deciding what ones to go for shock and spring wise and what you use your van for, remember these puppies weigh near 2 tonne, so bear in mind of fitting cheapy cheap bits. Buy cheap buy twice..

As for wheels, well the roads here are as you know, change gear to drive out of some pot holes, lol, so 17's max id say if your looking for alloys, but seen a few vans running 18's on the Island, again get the best you can afford mate, do not buy cheap copys i say, get the real deal , mor money but they will last.

Steve W...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts