VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No idea ----please help this rookie -how can I get some that will just screw on ? is that possible ? If I get Range Rover ones do I need fitments --sorry to be so hopeless ! I'd prefer 18" or maybe 19" Sue

·
Premium Member
6,273 Posts
Range Rover wheels can be made to fit using a set of spigot rings and offset bolts. Merseyspeed will sort you out with the parts you need. I've been lazy and just plumped for 18" Sportlines from the local dealers. They have the same radial bolt seat as the stock steelies so I've just re-used the std bolts for now. I know they're a bit of a cliche wheel but I still think they rock and I can get load rated tyres for a T32 so I'm all legal and safe.

·
Premium Member
6,273 Posts
Just to clarify the load rating point. T32 vans like mine need stronger tyres with a 103 load rating which means thicker side walls. A T30 van can get away with lesser 101 rated tyres which can be skimpier so you can fit 19s and maybe 20s. T28 and T26 vans are lighter still... It all depends on what sort of van you have.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
My 20's from premier wheels (ebay) / turriff tyres (proper trading name) are load rated for 900+KG from memory, and the tyres to 105XL - which is way in excess of the T32. If you buy the wheels and tyres, they supply a full fixing kit including whatever bolts are required. Mine are range rover style fitment and come with the better 1 piece range rover bolts. Definitely worth a call - they know their wheels and tyres.T:
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=86400

1 - 5 of 5 Posts