VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy driving the Syncro should give me all credit for not running into him. He even took the time to give me his finger.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Irish drivers are phasing it in.

First off cars and bicycles drive on the right, and then a year later lorries and buses move to the right.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
Irish drivers are phasing it in.

First off cars and bicycles drive on the right, and then a year later lorries and buses move to the right.
You might be doing it that quickly in the north. In the Republic we voted on the two year plan to give us more time to get used to it :jmpg

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not in Norway. The Syncro was driving on the left lane when he wanted to turn right on to the motorway and I was driving into the tunnel. I entered the roundabout just after he exited the tunnel. Reason I gave way was because I thought he was driving back into the tunnel, in that case he would have had the right of way.
In Norway it can be a death sentence if you make mistakes in traffic, especially lady drivers who try to ram you if they can. They dont seem to look further than the bonnet,.

·
Registered
221 Posts
just done a quick google. most advice says when driving in norway to avoid all roundabouts, as there appear to be no set rules about how to negotiate them. LOL:

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just done a quick google. most advice says when driving in norway to avoid all roundabouts, as there appear to be no set rules about how to negotiate them. LOL:
There are a set of rules but people dont know how to drive on them. The first roundabouts appeared in Norway only in 1986 and many people, especially those who took their driving test before that dont know how.
Many people accelerate into roundabouts thinking that higher speeds give them right of way.
I rode into a roundabout with good momentum a few years ago and a lady accelerated to come into the roundabout first but she braked at the same time I stopped before the the roundabout. A sprinter behind her did not manage to stop and smashed into her. :)
She was badly hurt and both she and the driver of the Sprinter tried to shift the blame on me.
The police shelved the case and both of them got heavy fines. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts