VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon. I have just joined the forum now I have to buy one! I will soon be looking to purchase my first T5 as I currently know very little about them your help will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Best bet would be to spend a few hours trawling the forum, get a bit of an idea about what you want, put a short list together & then ask.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Hello & welcome.

There's loads of information on here but as Brian said, get a list of wants/needs first.

Or just by mine I:

One thing is, you won't look back, we got ours in June 2010 and we've had soo many trips in it. It's really given us a new appetite for exploring!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Brian/Jon, I have been advised by a friend to go for a swb 1.9 as they are cheaper to run and that’s the main reason I’m changing my current car.
I somehow came across your van for sale I: unfortunately its a few k over my budget, but very nice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive only gone and done it...

Transporter T28 Panel Van SWB 59 plate 1.9 TDI PD 102PS in white pick up Tuesday.

Let the conversion fun begin. A:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
WelcomeW:Mines exactly the same but a 2008 Trendline. We get 40mpg pulls well enough but going to have it remapped and that will give it 130 to 140 bhp and 2 0r 3 more miles to the gallon.T:

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
congratulations on buying a t5, so whats the plans for it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
YES! here she is...

First plans are to colour code bumpers and mirrors also fitting 2 side windows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got a lwb very similar model myself the weekend, can see most of my time and money being spent on this , so addictive all the best on yours !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts