VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new on here, and new to owning the eurovan. please forgive this foolish question. we have a 1992 eurovan popup here in vancouver, bc, canada. no big deal for basic items, like brakes, but for vw eurovan specific parts, every part i see/order from the usa, never has the "1992" available. I read that the 1992 was imported as the 1993 into the usa in 1993. but was imported in 1992 into canada. are these the same model van?

are there any differneces in the 1992 and the 1993 t4 eurovan i need to be made aware of? will the 1993 parts i need to order from the usa fir my 1992? Oh..i know what you are thinking...ask the usa parts site. well, when the response was "they never made a 1992 sir, you must have a 1993". sigh.. any advice would be appreciated!

doug

·
Full of Cr*p....
8,517 Posts
Isn't there a metal plate under the bonnet (hood) with a long string of letters/numbers?
From this you can find when it was built, what spec it was, etc.
It's know this side of the pond as a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)

Suppliers here in Norway go by Registration number....as they all go to a central database...but ordering from another country I specify the VIN (and hope they have the means to look it up.)
WV2ZZZ70Z1H019357 in my case.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The vin won’t tell you as much as the sticker placed right by the fuse panel. It has all the vehicle build specs listed on it. All things are a 3 digit code. Now a days it’s really hard to find good parts people

·
Registered
1 Posts
In North America, VW sold the T4 as the Eurovan, but did not offer the same versions always in Canada and the USA, or on the same time frame. Some models were still available in Canada after they were no longer available in the USA. European delivery also messed things up a bit. My 1992 Eurovan CV (Westfalia full camper) was purchased in 1992 in Halifax, NS from a local VW dealer for delivery in Europe under VW's overseas purchase plan, picked up by the Nova Scotian owners in Germany, driven around Europe for many months, returned to the VW dealer in Germany, who arranged through VW to have the van delivered to the original dealer in Nova Scotia, so it came to Canada as a model 1993, sort of). I'm the third owner, btw. Eurovans didn't hit the US market until the 1993 model year. Many US commentators, would be authorities, and parts vendors don't acknowledge 1992 Eurovans exist, and certainly don't recognize the Canadian only Westfalia full campers (badged Eurovan CV) that were not ever available to US buyers, though some used ones have found welcoming homes in the US. But about parts: You should be able to buy 1993 parts for your 1992 van. If you're getting engine parts, then the engine type is important - mine's an AAF. As someone else mentioned, there's lots of data on your van's build on the data sheet behind the panel by the fuse box in the left foot well. Your specific engine type, transmission model, etc., will be there. You'll need to find a competent VW mechanic who knows about the idiosyncrasies of your van; Eurovanrescue.com is a good place to start looking or ask for recommendations on the Eurovan Facebook sites. We love our van; I hope you'll enjoy yours as much as we do ours.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Shame isn't it...OP posted 24 days ago and received 5 great replies [especially from SBZ] but not a Peep out of him since!! I haven't been on the Forum for a while but I still see the same pattern as before, even though members continue to put themselves out to help others.
Takes so little to acknowledge the help given...even though no-one is looking for it.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Shame isn't it...OP posted 24 days ago and received 5 great replies [especially from SBZ] but not a Peep out of him since!! I haven't been on the Forum for a while but I still see the same pattern as before, even though members continue to put themselves out to help others.
Takes so little to acknowledge the help given...even though no-one is looking for it.
Quite true. But now the info is out there for the next person searching. Maybe it will help someone else. I know plenty of times I've come across information like that and not thought to comment because it was an old thread. I'm sure I've been guilty once or twice in the last many years of using forums of not always getting back to where I asked questions.

Also, it's a bit odd in the new forums that you aren't subscribed automatically to new posts that you make or when you comment. So he may not even know there is information posted here. Just a thought. :D:geek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts