VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I know theres a fair few threads on here about head units but I wonder if someone can tell me if I'm missing a wire. Nothing appears cut in the dash side and noting appears to have come out of the connector block but I dont have the aforementioned yellow wire.
I only have a solid red not live with or without key, beneath it a solid brown always live. Next to brown is blue/grey always live, next to it red/brown never live and on top row opposite corner to red is blue/White always live. I don't seam to have an ignition live just lives but the stereo still won't keep the settings. I intend to replace stereo but want to know what's what first. Any ideas.
Looked at a few phots and I think Im supposed to have a yelow wire somewhere to swap over with the red. Also should i be worried I appear to have three constant lives. Stereo works fine etc except for not keeping memory once key is removed.

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have mentioned that. The yellow on the stereo appears to go to the brown in the loom so I tried swapping them round and the stereo wouldnt even come on. I thought maybe the brown was my yellow if you kno what I mean. Should the red come live with the ignition, it doesnt so maybe thats the fault?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Also check you haven't got the keys in the ignition as even when in the OFF position with keys in it will turn on the ACC position and the switched live to the radio will be live.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts